- Published: Wednesday, 20 July 2016 11:15
- Hits: 34
Crestone Charter School seeks an inspired and highly qualified School Counselor to work and deliver services to our K-12 student population of 75 students. Successful applicants will have excellent communication and listening skills, writing skills and be proficient in using Google Drive and Microsoft Office. Preferred Master’s Degree. Applicants will have the ability to obtain their Colorado School Counselor License and will ensure all ASCA standards are part of the School Counseling program. Applicants will have the ability to work with a highly innovative and motivated professional team in a school that emphases differentiated instruction through child-centered approaches and student-directed learning.
· Providing individual and group counseling to students K-12
· Delivering evidenced-based character education grades K-5 that promotes the development of Life Skills
· Delivering evidenced-based curricula at the secondary level that specifically reduces risk factors and increase protective factors while promoting healthy lifestyle choices and the development of 21st-century skills.
· Assisting students 9th-12th grade in the Concurrent Enrollment Program
· Working with 11th and 12th grade students to ensure post-secondary success by assisting students in goal-setting, college visits as applicable, completing College or Vocational School Applications, Completing FAFSA and Scholarship Applications
· Overseeing Individual Career and Academic Portfolios for all students 9th-12th grade.
· Assisting with Multi-Tiered Systems of Support for student needs within the Response to Intervention Process.
· Ensuring administration of the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey to students grades 7-12 on an annual basis.
· Coordinating with the District Assessment Coordinator to ensure that all testing occurs in compliance with Colorado State Law.
· Attending weekly Staff Meetings
· Serving on the Saguache Prevention Coalition
· Participating in Professional Development Opportunities
CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
330 E. Lime Ave. – P.O. Box 400, Crestone, CO 81131